1.03.2008

I cannot stand the way you tease.

He didn’t know? Yes, yes, he knew. Why couldn’t Tic just say?
Lark gave a soft sigh and rose from his chair, his fingers smoothing the front of his outfit, and the legs of his pants. “Your timid ways are a relief from what I deal with from day to day, but your hesitance may become a nuisance in the future. So, whilst you think before you speak, make it quick. As I said, I am not a patient man,” he said to Tic.

Turning to Miraye, he gave her a glare as if suddenly remembering her insults. “I posses no stupid mind tricks, you little whelp. And do you know? I don’t care of what you believe. From here on, I suggest you keep your mouth shut! Unless you’d like to put you friend here in a very uncomfortable place. More uncomfortable than this one.” He stepped close to Miraye, and leaned down in her face, “And don’t you ever tell me what to do; I’ll be the one to tell you what to do. And in the position you’re in, you should learn to obey and submit in SILENCE.”

Miraye glared at him, and he returned it. Then, he popped her across the face, “Manners and obedience!” he shouted, then did it again, across her other cheek, but said nothing. He didn’t fear her any longer. She wouldn’t destroy this place and kill Tic, no - what was there between those two that made them feel so connected? He could feel it too, and he wanted to sever those threads.

He clenched his fists and turned, going to the door. He yanked it open, and wiped his glove on the guard outside the door, “Don’t feed them,” he commanded.

And he disappeared down the long corridor.

No comments: