1.03.2008

"YOU BASTARD!" Miraye screamed. How could he do such a thing to Tic?! "YOU VILE SCUM! YOU IDIOT! YOU'RE A CRUEL MAN! TREATING SOMEONE LIKE-"

Larkin roughly tugged on Miraye's hair, so now her eyes connected to his. "Silence," he growled, "What did you do to my city?"
Miraye tried to look away, but it was no use. Her scar on her left eye had a frozen feeling to it, and there was the man's startling orange eyes. She remained silent. He shook her head.
"What did you do to my city?"

Everything seemed to fade into a dull, gray color. Larkin's words filled her mind. The only thing that seemed natural was his orange eyes.

Tic, help me.. she thought helplessly. Help..
Lark's question filled her thoughts, now.
"What did you do to my city?"
Miraye's lips parted from their pursed position.
"I destroyed your city."
"What?"
"I felt guilty when I left him."
"Him?"
"Tic tried saving me, but I left him."
Miraye breathed softly. She was deep into a trance.
Larkin looked over at Tic for a brief moment.
"How did you destroy my city?"
"Seryale."
"What?"
"Seryale, Seryale. Seryale told me.. to.."
Larkin shook the girl's body.
"You're making no sense! HOW?!"
"I don't.. know.."
"Foolish girl." Larkin raised up his arm, his hands tightened into a fist.
"Tell me," he hissed, "HOW?!"
He was ready to strike her.

No comments: