1.03.2008

And all the rats.

Still holding Tic’s chin in his hand, he stroked the smooth skin of the boy’s throat. With his other, he tucked the strands of black hair that hung in his own face away, behind his perfect ear. His mouth twisted again into that same smile. He was enjoying this - enjoying the helpless boy beneath him, caught in his stare. And suddenly words came out of his mouth, words he didn’t remember thinking, “You’re so beautiful… why would you crawl around in the dirt with those people? They’re rodents, digging around beneath my feet.” Larkin’s eyes narrowed suddenly, “They’re not rebels, they’re pests.”

His thoughts had broken lose from him, and he brushed the hair from Tic’s forehead, smoothing the moisture from his skin, “All those people, killing themselves for no reason. Not that I would mind such a thing - if it did not involve me, but it does. It involves me and it is partially my problem, but not completely. No, it is everyone else’s as well as mine. That’s why I’m rallying my fellow governors up. Together, we can cleanse our cities and ourselves of the rodents. Kill them all. Quickly and efficiently, like a poison.”

Taking a deep breath, Larkin slowly realized that he had just revealed the basis of his plans to Tic, the little Sink member he had plucked from the streets. But he felt no regret. It didn’t matter anymore; Larkin had been underestimating his power. He had hands strong hands, strong hands that could control whatever they wanted to control, and easily something as controllable as Tic.

“But you shouldn’t worry about that. You should just tell me all I want to know and everything’s going to be just alright,” he said, watching Tic in his silent agreement, “Do you want another kiss?”

No comments: