1.04.2008

O Fortuna.

“I’ll have someone find you a decent room and tend to you.” While Stelon wiped her eyes, Larkin watched. They faded from that lovely violet to a brown flecked with yellow. At the same time, Stelon’s shoulders relaxed and she was visibly relieved. Seconds later, she was absolutely glowing from happiness, or so Larkin could see. He finished his second glass of wine, saying nothing for a few moments.

An annoyed look crossed his face, and his eyes darted about the room. He repeated himself, agitation clear in his voice, “I said,” he emphasized, “I will have someone find you a room and tend to you.”

Something across the room clattered loudly as it hit the floor, and the same servant came quickly to Larkin’s side. “Excuse me, my lady,” he said breathlessly, casting frightened glances to Larkin, “if you come with me, I’ll have you taken care of for His Majesty.”

No comments: