1.04.2008

Peasant Before Thou

“We must be on our way, miss!” one of the maids piped being awaken from a day dream. “We must let the shrike know that you are ready. He surely will be dazzled.”

“Very well then. Thank you for everything.”

Slowly the maids made their way out of the massive doors, each excited by the guest. They chattered and chortled like sparrows during the dawn, bobbing up and down as a replacement for ruffling their feathers. With the last one out, grinning like an idiot, a hand slipped from the shadows pushing the door behind her. It closed with a monotone click. She was still staring out to the window not noticing anything, too dazed to inquire.

Foolish girl.

“I’ve seen better dresses of my time on better women.”

The girl whisked around her, eyes wide at the scene that stranger had appeared out of nowhere before her. She staggered back while he took a step forward.

“As your savior, I’d think it be best to at least show some gratitude towards me,” Seryale drawled, whisking the hood off his face. “Even though you didn’t deserve such mercy. The gods curse you from this moment, Stelon.”

“How- How- HOW did you get in here? I’ll scream! Don’t touch me! I know the Shrike, he’ll do-“

“Oh, shut up.” With that her lips sealed together and no voice sang from her throat, her eyes glaring with fury. “Listen to me. If I were you I wouldn’t put anymore trust into that foul being you call Larkin. But being a foolish child as you are, I doubt you’ll believe me. Ignorant one from what I’ve seen.”

Seryale waved his arm and a chair swept by behind him. He sat and leaned back, analyzing her from head to toe. “I bet the ugliest rock nymph would look better in that. You seriously don’t hold the figure for such elegance if you ask me.”

Her muffled shrieks filled the room.

“I’m guessing you’d wish to speak again? All right then.”

With that he snapped his fingers.

No comments: